Tuesday, January 22, 2013

THE OCEAN OF FIRE



Find me water, find me water!!
The sands of gold, have drained my life of water,
Only the skeletons remain of the beasts,
 Lost in the ocean o fire …
The dream of a cup of tea with you my dear lady,
Keeps me awake…

Winds find me a drop of  water...
I shall trade the sands o gold...
Mirages keep me walking towards the oasis
That appears farther with each step…

The nights are cooler;
 The adders are out competing with the fiery SCORPION
All waiting to deposit their venom in return for the sands of gold...

This is the last leg of my journey,
Sixty miles in the middle of nowhere,
A rich anonymous lover with the sands of gold..
Fifty days I walked mile by mile
But the dark storm blew away my ship
The locusts did arrive with their era of destruction..

I lay waiting for God to show mercy and save my soul
In return for, the sands of gold...

The sands of gold
 I bid thee goodbye
THE sands of gold
I bid thee goodbye…

-Pungidasa

No comments:

Post a Comment