Saturday, June 29, 2013

The three hundred






Our swords held high we arrived on the vast plains of barren land, soon to be fertile with our challenger’s blood…
Every gain of sand stood in anticipation, for its share of bounty, the army arrived in thousands, we were just a bunch of three hundred…

For twenty days our battle raged on…with each fallen brother we fought with more vigour, swinging our blades, slashing their hearts
The dead piled in columns of havoc, thunderous swords of our s now in hundreds we survived….

Their  army driven away, we had saved our land…

We were heroes in our land…but murderers in the land of our enemies…
A hundred years later too, our war shall be spoken of…
Thirty thousand against the hundreds bloodhounds…
But I still stood there on the vast plains of rotting plunder,
When the sun went down that night a few lanterns still burnt in my  tent…

The fragrance of blood on my hands could never perish …
I had killed…..

I may have killed thousands, destroyed their hopes of returning home
Crippled a few hundred bravehearts, carrying with them the fearless notion of our brothers
In a few days a fresh legion shall arrive,
May be then I would join my brothers in heaven or send the opponents to their destiny in heaven…
For they were warriors too, some feared, some barbaric , some relentless….

To all that have died under my swing, to the lord I ask one thing and one thing alone,
May all their souls rest in peace….

No comments:

Post a Comment