Saturday, June 29, 2013

THE ELUSIVE VISITOR



Seeing her in the present day scenario would be equivalent to
Finding UFO’s landing in lalbagh.!!

THE word was out that she was somewhere in our neighborhood,
Away from all the glare and flair, silently enjoying her Sunday retreat!!

A few days ago a friend of mine claimed to have sighted her,
speedily crossing a busy junction, undetected by the busy hawkers on the highway...
A few other passerby had also voiced, my friend’s words to be true ...

I considered this to be the classic case of a curved stick
considered to be a snake by the urban folk...

Well destiny has quite a way of pulling a fast one on you...
It was not until I saw her majestically occupying the crown of the chair in my veranda,
 I truly believed in her presence...

Gleaming in the sunlight like a diamond,
Silent as death she sat basking in glory...

With her hood fully raised,
Her HISSSS…. growing louder each minute,
she looked at me furious to have disturbed her rendezvous…

I stood transfixed at the spot, as if struck by lightning...
A big coiled cobra had decided to give my house a pleasant visit...

Frozen , I only managed to stay still,
As quickly as she s arrived she left
silently slithering away…

I wished how I could have asked her to stay,
And have a cuppa and click a few pictures of her elegance..!!




No comments:

Post a Comment