Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bliss

The sweeping arc of the rain gods swept the lanes of  big bustling city,
Rocking its trees, with winds picking up their battle gear,
battling ferociously upon d big coconut trees...
By the side of a road near a small tea shop,
I stopped drenched beyond imagination, 
with each gust of wind spraying my face with glee...

                    My hands held on to a steaming hot chai like a child and its toy!!
                                The powerful rays of heat permeated through my body..
                                        While i shivered, my throat leapt with ecstacy !!
                          Like an eclipse, the faint hint of bliss seemed to evaporate , kissing my soul with warmth...

By d side of a road, dimly lit ...
Pouring rain...
With just a pot of tea in hand.
life stood still...
Away from the common din of humanity ,

I snatched a few moments of peace..!!

- Pungidasa

No comments:

Post a Comment