Friday, October 28, 2016

Deepavali

Deepavali.

I think the name is a misnomer. There is no light there is only crackers smoke and cough...

It should be cough avali, cracker avali , or many of these avalis.

The victory of good over evil, the proverbial success story has now been converted into a business strategy...

You have Deepavali sales, Deepavali discounts, Deepavali special sales etc.
It's purely a business ploy. No philosophy, nothing at all..

And I am pessimist, an atheist and a cynic, please do not take my words seriously.

I have not burst crackers since I was in 4th standard, and that's 15 years of not bursting crackers.

And then they always told me ”not to be afraid",
Yes that's how its always been for the entire set of 15 years.

Well it is time to be afraid, and i know you will still contest my views, burning crackers is good, it has been done for centuries before us and will be done centuries after us and people like you were there and will be there later too...

I think its okay now to burst crackers, it provides a lot of people with employment. A lot of people with a smart profit, thousands and lakhs of people to enjoy three or four days of good amazing holidays to burn their own money...

You inhale on an average enough smoke already to make your lungs accustomed to all types of varied chemicals that it's okay to inhale a few more.

And anyways the ozone hole is there, global warming is there and trees are being cut down to make bridges , etc etc, why should i not contribute to make the human race extinct.
When the neighbour is doing so much to make the world die faster, why should i be left behind eh ?...

This is how it always is.

And i said at the beginning of this article, i hate Deepavali.
Let me tell you a little more there.

If you take philosophy, it is a contention too. For a joy that lasts 20 seconds , we cause so much discomfort to others.Dogs birds cats and many other species.
I have a home , and the three days i can take refuge at home and hurl curses at you in silence. But what about those creatures.

I know you will tell it's not my problem, it's my money and I choose to burn it. If you have a problem then sit at home...

And then I know this year too, a lot of people will tell me, " do not be afraid" ,and a lot of people who share photos online , will forget the no crackers campaign and burst a few.

One cracker is all it takes to blow your resolution and i get it , its your money , go ahead...

One cracker is all i burst this year,
Say that to the person who lost his eyes to a bad cracker,
One cracker is all I burst , say that to your dog that hides afraid,
One cracker is all I burst ,
Say that to the asthma patient who has had a severe bout of cough.

One cracker is all I burst, imagine you are the person on the death bed and your last words are blocked out by a cracker...

All right that's a little too much I think.

As I told before , I am a cynic, a pessimist and an atheist.

And it's time we brought meaning to this festival of lights,
Both literally, physically, mentally, technically, fully completely as a time to catch up with people and enjoy their company in a safe and unbothered by burning your money....

Are you ready to make this  Deepavali the victory over crackers???

No comments:

Post a Comment