Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Am i Victorious ?

I do not know, if I shall ever be victorious.
And what shall be my victory !

I have always been on the heavier side of weight and almost always been the called names.

It has been done so much that I longer care about,
But is this victory?

Remember every time you use my weight for a joke, you take a hit at my person, at my confidence.

But I have come to take the joke and even laugh at it. Is this my victory or yours??

Am I being sensitive? Or insensitive is a question I leave you to answer.

But just like that, a random comment has the potential to hurt someone at the very core of their person.

Every movie I have seen has the person on the heavier side being a character used specifically for comedy, an object of glutton and easy target for a overeating joke.

I have never seen a love story wherein the really handsome guy falls in love with the obese lady,
Or the big guy get to romance a ridiculously beautiful woman.

From a very long time, the image of Bheema has been the glutton, the image of an over eating Bakasura has been attached to every food lover.

It's like an accepted view of the so called society. An aim for perfection, the chiselled body of Roman God, the impressively impeccable thin Miss World and Miss Universes.

And there it is, out in the open and no one bats an eyelid , no one hits back. no one raises a voice.
It's what is similar to bullying.

And then there are those like me, called Bulldozers and many more names who have bulldozed the people who have called me names with being who we are,
Much more than Dumma, Dumsi, Dadhiya and Bakasura.

I know its some thing ideal, no deer born is void of the hyenas that laugh at it, wanting and willing it to give up and become prey.
Similarly no one who is on the heavier side shall have it easy...

It is not good to be obese on the health measures, i agree but my point here is not on that.
But it's something more about the person than the physical personality.

I have been jovial about my weight, tried to become thinner so that I too could be accepted into the elite circles of people mainly sometimes to catch the eye of someone I admire; then you get my point.

I hope to achieve very little with this article, nothing at all actually but the next time you see someone who is slightly seen heavier than the expected normal rates, remember that the person is much more than the physical imagery he/she portrays and a soul exists in them too...

I have attained victory.
I hope in making you think.

I have attained vijaya if I have made you stop calling people names.

I have won I hope.
On the day we celebrate victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment