Sunday, January 5, 2014

she...



To me she was the most beautiful woman I’ve ever known,
A heart full of  kindness,
a fluid grace of courage
 a strength of conviction few ever dream of...


Tonight marks a historic day,
When she married me,
a blind war hero...
it was she who coined that word, Hero...


The last thing I ever saw was the sky,
 my aircraft nose diving into its death trap...

I do not know how I’ve survived,
I’ve never believed in god till then when she arrived...

Four times a day for twelve long weeks,
a menu-card of bruises, fractures and perpetual blindness,
a world of pain and impending death but she saved me from the jaws of death...

I would wait four hours to hear her voice gently waft by,
her gentle arm brush past in poetic agony,
fifteen long months I stayed routed to praying...

I asked every known god to gift me an eye,
she hugged me tight and asked if I would marry her...

To this day, fifteen years of love..
I’ve still not seen her...
She will still remain the most beautiful woman I’ve ever known....

No comments:

Post a Comment