Friday, January 17, 2014

my first love



She was tall and slender,
Waving her arms to me...
Into the arms of my most loved lover I jumped and embraced long...

She was sweet,
Butterflies flew to her in search of honey,
She voice so angelic,
The nightingale sung chorus to her melody...
With her arms to the sky she danced in the rain,
Time seemed so rich in her presence..

Draped in a velvet saree, with her rustic smile,
her down to earth mannerisms, her firm resolve and
inner sweetness she swept my heart again...

For every year she comes to my household
bringing rain to my barren heart,
joy , my heart sings as my childhood sweetheart comes back to my life...

In verses of prose I’ve tried to describe you,
 failing which I’ve fallen for you…

Deeper into my thought you have travelled,
 leaving footprints of affection…

In times to come,
I wish your journey continues with mine...


Ps: she in the poem refers to sugarcane and no one else
Any resemblance to characters in real or reel life is purely coincidental  

No comments:

Post a Comment