Saturday, October 5, 2013

THE VAMPIRE....


He sat there tethered ,
still Sleeping without a care in the world,
His innocence written all over his face...
I stood above his dungeon,
Free to enjoy the freedom of the world,
The faint trickle of rain,
the blessings of the sun were all mine...
Each fortnight on a moonless night,i would unleash him,
He would hug me, his overflowing frame crushing me with pure love,
With a soul wrenching cry he would howl at the sky,
Jump into d unknown darkness and disappear...
He played with the trees,The night bats,
Enjoying the bliss of darkness...
When the sun gently came for his daily rendezvous, he would wake me up, wipe my tears
and bring his hands to welcome the chain...
He slept on my lap,sung of his happy times in the forests.
The innocence of his laughter,the earnestness of his smile,
His dark eyes irradiating love...
My eyes closed pretending to be asleep,
Cried from within,
With guilt chaining me to the dungeons,

Torn by his love,
each time I chained him, I lay cursing my fate in agony...
He was not a monster, I was...

No comments:

Post a Comment