Saturday, April 8, 2017

Thank you Friend

It is always like that. Sometimes you lose friends. Sometime you know you were never friends.
Sometimes you tend to extend someone a little more time and space because they are friends.

What you see as betrayal , attitude can mean entirely different, when you see it from their perspective. (That
Is if they let you be in their shoes ).

I have this notorious habit that follows me everywhere I  go.I tend to make friends with friends and their friends and their friends and thier friends' friends.

It so happened that I was a very fiercely guarded man when it came to my emotions , very few ever got to know me in complete mental detail as this random person who I met at a friend's bday celebration.

It was then still Orkut time. no facebook , no selfies, no whatsapp but only infused with the power of scrapbooks ,mutual friends and at times messages on the phone I really hit it off.

I had found a friend, with whom I could talk all random non sense and get away with. She was an amazing listener. I had just about opened up like a Pandora box.

Talking to her had a very real vibe, a genuine sense of connect.we had become really good friends. At least that's what i thought.

We had our exams coming and during exams she was excommunicado from the whole world.

It was one of those most important phases of educational life and the next day was my math CET. I had prepared well and was almost asleep at ten.

That's almost when the call came, she sounded hysterical, she was in panic mode. She was in tears, telling me that she would flunk the exams, her math was weak, her scores would plummet and she would miss her dream college.

And I woke up, I don't like people calling me at 12 to wish on my bday. I like my beauty sleep.

But I took this call, from 10.30 to 1.00 .

It took a lot of convincing, hearing things out and a few tricks exchanged to really understand. After almost three hours , phone currencies exhausted , hand held device charge depleted, she had almost calmed down from the hysteria and the panic.

It felt good that out of all friends , she had called me.
It just escalated our bonding to another level.

We met a few times and I was sure that we would be friends for life.

I loved food, she prepared amazing food. I liked to talk and she liked to listen.

And then as suddenly as our friendship had blossomed it hit a dead end.
We joined our separate colleges, separate branches ,made new friends. And poof , like Houdini our friendship vanished.

No traces of the old charm was left, I was left thinking , what did I do wrong?.

And then after some years , we met on social media, there was Facebook , WhatsApp . But even there that spark of excitement was missing.
After ten days there would be a reply to a hi.
Twenty days later, a wassup.
All the while the news feed had selfies , group photos and luncheons with new friends.

And somewhere out there in the wilderness of Facebook history I let go of the last strands of friendship and memories.

I don't know why. It just happened.
And I let things be.

After all friends need to give space , friends are to be understanding.
Maybe I was too dumb then, and she was simply responding to my initial texts because of pity, she heard my stories due to boredom. I don't think it was the case though but
I really don't know why .
Not that it matters now.

But I want Thank you for an experience, you were there at a time when I was expanding my thought horizon as a young kid. You heard me out and let me be.

And then you found new friends and so did I. In the prospect of the universe there is no loss , there is no gain.

We will continue to be friends on Whatsapp, facebook, instagram and other social media jargon.

I have always wanted to thank you, for being there as a friend and being a dynamic in influencing how I see people today.

It was then that I learnt that everyone has their reasons to why they do ,what they do.(They don't have to tell it to anyone).

And sometimes you have to see from another perspective and respect other decisions and move on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment