Sunday, April 23, 2017

A selfie with God

A selfie with God !!!!

If you are an Indian , then you most definitely have met God.

We all are spiritually inclined , it is something that has some up as a way of life. Since day one , I was told that I was god's gift.

So I wondered if all those who gifted me on my birthday were God sent messengers, because by then I knew God could never be fellow humans. That is the wisdom that has come through the ages.

By the time I was mad , I had developed a sense of distinction between spiritual and the religious, ritual and tradition.

But to the outer world I am still a Legendary follower of faith. Because they assume that it I am so.So I keep it that way.

And everytime I see the world in my green eyes, I am amazed at how people are pulled to the idea of the "fear of God" and sometimes how blind their faith following is.

And then I met this herd of people who came to the temple, stood in line for considerable time and then finally when the doors of sanctum sanctorium opened

They opened their fancy phones and started to take in the essence of the divine, by taking a selfie with God. And then the others who had not the luxury of Selfie camera took God's profile picture in their phones with such Bhakthi that I had to bow my head in reverence.

And a lot of times , my mother tells me that these observations of mine correspond to the hot blood syndrome.

But then I have found solace in my definition of god. In helping people in need.
But when the extent of modern bhakthi comes to the fore I tend to forget all manners and put my purple tongue out and start my rants of sarcasm.

And then they decide to post the divine selfie.

And my hashtags be like :

#god #observations #divine #selfie #hotbloodsyndrome #blessings #checkin #moderndays

And their hashtags be like:

#selfieboss #feelingblessed #selfiewiththeboss #godisgreat

Say your prayers that someday, we will have God on Facebook, Instagram and other social media ....

And you can tag , comment and share your way to glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment