Sunday, March 26, 2017

Forgiving the past

While deleting photos of the virtual world my eyes caught upon this photograph,that transported me back to a place long buried in my past.

Time has healed me,but I am still scarred. Guess that's a souvenir I will have to carry with me until it gets washed away into the tombs of time.

I guess, The story started on a random day. Five to six people in their separate destinies had chosen to select the same college to chase their dreams.

But among them was someone who had chosen to chase after someone she had seen before and had been consumed by his thoughts ever since.

And it so happened that all roads lead to Rome.
Their destinies met.

Their eyes talked, hands danced and the rest of the world found them soulmates, bridged through seven lifetimes.

The princess and the frog prince did not have their fairytale perfect, they had to kill a few good men along the way.

In every love story, there comes a villain before, "The End", but in here I became the villain after the "Happy Ending".

Inadvertently, I was friends with both of them and the bridge between two beating hearts. And very fast I had begun trusting both with bits of information that a stoic like me had buried deep inside my emotional spectrum.

My childhood stories, stories of my victory, stories of my first crush. They reciprocated in kind and the bonding had become thick.

For a stoic like me, this was all new.

What was to come was even newer.

And then she popped the question, he said No.

I was too far influenced into the friendship to take either side.
And then like all love stories in Bollywood it happened.

February 14 , they updated their relationship statuses.

And i was still lost in my own little world, until the visits became about them, the talks were cooey cooey, soon I had become the Kebab mein haddi.

It was then, the roughest part of the transition from stoic to normal. There was a fight.

Friendship vs Love.
My male best friend chose love.
The female best friend chose him.

I was the injured seal in a swirling sea filled with blood hungry sharks.

And the cold wars had begun.

All the happy memories were now turned to memoirs of another time. And I had become the man who tried to poison friendship.

By then the threads of friendship had grown into many other ships, but no one knew the real story.

It was this time, that I evolved as a person. Life in all its true rawness hit me with such amazing force that I was stunned for a long time.

An erosion of trust had sent a unfeeling stoic into a mad man trapped in between the old and the new.

And slowly and slowly, time healed everything​. And I decided to let go of all the negativity surrounding life and became " The Shiva of the Kailasa Parvata".

To forgive them , to forgive myself and to learn from incidents and circumstances.

That last remaining photograph, the last reminder of a long bygone era of friendship took me back a couple of years;
I decided not to delete it and let it stay as a reminder of life and it's ways of teaching you all you need to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment