Friday, July 21, 2017

#friyay#happyweekend

"Have a happy weekend !" He shouted across the empty office parking lot at 11 in the night , as I chugged my way to find my vehicle to head home. He was heading to the most happening pub in town to grab a beer and chill.

Happy weekend. This word stuck in my head and ignited a standard protocol of thoughts that raced along with me jogging and then running at full steam.

Happy, what exactly is happy ?
Why do we wish people happy weekend only, why not happy Mondays , Tuesday and each day of the week.
And also do we really mean the happy weekend, when we say so ? Do we really care that the other man has has a happy weekend or are we just doing it because everyone does it.

Why say happy ?
Why not interesting weekend ,
Satisfyinging weekend,
Meaningful weekend.

Are we heading towards a point where we need momentary happiness, thrills and chills but we do not seek meaning to this life.

We want a happy life, let all others go to hell . I want a happy life.
I want to party, I want to show my pictures on social media, tell the world I am happy , I am truly and magnificently happy.

We meet people solely now to take selfies and make memories. We are unsure of finding happiness packets later in life.
We find taking photos of food and posting it online to be more happening than eating it in the first place.
Meeting a celebrity is not about the person but you having met him and taken a selfie.

We are steam rolling towards a happy nation of happy weekends and happy people. Happiness is overflowing and flooding us in all corners of life.

As yourself this, are you happy ?
Or let me put it this way,
Momentary happiness Vs satisfactory meaning in life?
What would you choose ?

Our happy weekend normally involves sitting at home, eating good food and sleeping.
Or partying at a place. And posting it on social media as Friyay . ( That is the right spelling)

After all this ranting and babbling ,the only question that I asked myself is , do I want happy weekend Vs meaningful weekend ?

Do I rather have happy weekends Vs normal week or a happy week.

Does my happiness involve drinking binges, #friyay, partying Vs having a deep meaningful conversation with people, watering my garden and watching the sunset, or being with my family and simply chit chatting.

Where in lies happiness?

And thus I reached home.
Safe sound and oddly happy that I had ranted it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment