Thursday, March 27, 2014

acceptance



Each passing day,the distance between the shore and the big black ship grew..

my heart remained true to her,
the lady who stopped waving goodbye;
only after she could see the shore as a black dot on her horizon...


She was my source of love,her soft voice still lingered long after the massive beast chugged away in trails of smoke,
My heart longed to see her once again, smiling her disarming smile...

As time went on,I visited every place that held a special bond between us,
no mail or letter of hers arrived for which i waited each week...


Weeks turned to months,months to days,days to years,
She remained forgotten in my history books,a chapter in ruins...

Slowly my heart healed,her absence no longer a thorn in my heart,
Slowly her image too washed away,
Hope of her return faded with each ship that returned,
From sadness to sorrow,then to despair,followed by haunting memories...

after a long while there was acceptance...

For i try to remember her now,picking my brains to reveal the tombs of my old flame,
But alas , i fail to remember her name...

No comments:

Post a Comment